* How to install ClockworkMod Recovery 5 1. (if you don't have official ROM and flash tool,) make backup of recovery partition 2. download recovery.zip and unzip it 3. put install-recovery.sh and recovery.img(recovery.cpio for GB ROM) on /sdcard/*1*2 4. run install-recovery.sh from root shell or any apps which can run a script (terminal, gscript, etc) e.g.
> adb shell $ su # sh /sdcard/install-recovery.sh
* How to boot recovery 1. put reboot-recovery.sh on /sdcard/*1*2 2. run reboot-recovery.sh from root shell or any apps which can run a script (terminal, gscript, etc) e.g.
> adb shell $ su # sh /sdcard/reboot-recovery.sh
*1 if you are using CM9, install-recovery.sh and reboot-recovery.sh are already installed on /system/bin/. if you are not using CM9, you can put these scripts on your ROM. *2 /sdcard/ is referred as "SD card" on Android, but it may not be physical/external "SD Card". please make sure files are placed on /sdcard/.
* How to boot recovery (alternative) for ainol NOVO7 AdvancedII/Aurora/Elf BACK + POWER
for other tablets, please find the way to boot recovery.
* How to control ClockworkMod Recovery 5 for ainol NOVO7 Advanced VOL-: down, VOL+: up, POWER/MENU: select, BACK: back
for ainol NOVO7 AdvancedII/Aurora/Elf VOL-/MENU: down, VOL+/HOME: up, POWER: select, BACK: back
* How to install CyanogenMod 9 1. download update.zip and put it on internal NAND flash or SD card (don't unzip it) 2. install ClockworkMod Recovery 5 3. reboot recovery 4. install update.zip 5. wipe data/factory reset *3 6. reboot
*3 only if you are upgrading from non-CM9 ROM (CM9 1st install)